Time-saving Slack plugin automates notifications from your boards to Slack. You can push activity from your boards to Slack to allow everybody to be aware of new comments. This ensures everyone on your team is on the same page.
There are 2 ways to connect RealtimeBoard to Slack:
- from the board's info card
- from your account's settings
Connecting from the board info card
To connect RealtimeBoard to Slack directly from the board:
- Click the board's name and choose to Add to Slack. Then confirm your choice.
Slack button on the board's info card
2. If you're not currently logged into Slack you will be requested to provide your Team Domain name first:
Slack login page
3. Click Authorize to complete the authorization process.
The authorization page
Congratulations! You have successfully connected Slack to your RealtimeBoard account.
Connecting from the Settings section
To connect RealtimeBoard to Slack from the team account's settings:
- Click the name of your team to be redirected to the Settings page:
The account's Settings button on the dashboard
- Scroll down to the Plugins section and find Slack. Click the Install button:
Slack plugin in the Plugins section
- Log into Slack and Authorize to complete the process.
Sending comments from a board to a Slack channel
Note: In case the Slack channel connected to the board is archived, board notifications will be automatically disabled.
As soon as you connected your RealtimeBoard and Slack accounts, you can enable notifications to a certain channel.
- Click the board's info card and toggle Send comments to Slack
- Choose the Slack channel where you wish to push the comments
And that's all! You will see a message that from now on the comments will be sent to the chosen channel.
The board's info card with the activated option to push comments to Slack
Once you've added a comment to the board, it should look like this in the Slack channel:
RealtimeBoard comments in Slack