RealtimeBoard and the most popular workflow types
Let’s see how it can be integrated in the most popular workflow types.
RealtimeBoard suits any step of the agile workflow from Ideation to Retrospective.
Implementing all six steps of Agile workflow circle inside RealtimeBoard will allow you to:
- see the big picture of the process at one board;
- keep every employee (added to the board) updated;
- collaborate on the stickers with remote teams;
- comply with the general Agile, Scrum and Kanban guidelines that was developed for whiteboards.
Note: there are three easy ways to start any agile visualization in RealtimeBoard.
transfer your backlog ideas from the spreadsheet to the board or use bulk creation feature;
organize stickers or brainstorm new ideas, using hand-tailored agile templates;
invite users and collaborators via sharing your board or sending the link to your corporate messenger.
Note: to prioritize ideas inside RealtimeBoard you can:
customize the size, shape and color of the sticker.
structure stickers with tags/labels.
use templates from Agile collection.
separate objects on the board into clusters, using Frames tool.
Let’s take the product development framework, which was developed in Spotify, as an example. It includes four stages: “Think It, Build It, Ship It, Tweak It”, and describes the flow from idea to the product.
We offer to integrate RealtimeBoard on “Think it” stage for product market fit analysis, brainstorming, planning sessions and feedback collecting.
Integrating RealtimeBoard on the Think it stage, you will:
- ensure participation of all team members physically or remotely,
- keep the project in one place, in order to revise it anytime you want,
- reduce the number of incoming emails.
Note: to make product market fit analysis productive, use Service and Product Design templates. Do not forget to add links on analytics data to eliminate unnecessary WHYs.
Let’s take a look at the scheme developed by Brian Belfour, VP Growth at HubSpot for marketing experiments to ensure product growth. In contains six stages, and helps to start, plan, visualize and implement ideas.
We offer to integrate RealtimeBoard inside:
- Brainstorm stage, to eliminate geographical boundaries;
- Prioritize stage, to see the big picture and make the right decision;
- Systematize stage, to visualize success stories, make the board with this story accessible for involved employees, repeat and improve the process.
Note: to make the collaboration productive do not forget to ask for approvals by @mentioning required people in the comment and setting a deadline.
Let’s address the responsive design workflow developed by Viljami Salminen, that was inspired by Mark Boulton’s workflow article and Stephen Hay’s presentation. It contains eight steps and finishes with product delivery.
RealtimeBoard is a perfect and maybe the only way for productive discussion. Verbal discussion requires a meeting place, it is time-consuming and can easily sidetrack the team. Discussion in RealtimeBoard only requires you to put a comment mark on object and type your feedback.
Clear feedback that sticked directly to the points of discussion, automatically increases mutual understanding and reduces the number of iterations.
Note: To make the discussion productive, add Frames, describing each stage of the discussion: Draft, First iteration, Second iteration, Final version. Ask for approvals by @mentioning required people in the comment and setting a deadline.