My Board is Locked — What Should I Do?
When a paid or trial account expires
When your paid subscription or Team trial expires, all of your boards get locked in the View-only mode and the This board is view-only message appears.
View-only mode notification for an expired Team
To unlock your boards and continue whiteboarding, please choose from the following options:
- A Team admin renews your subscription for the Team plan. For a guide on how to do it, take a look at the How to upgrade article.
- A Team admin downgrades the account to the Free plan. On the Free plan, you can have up to 3 team members and create up to 3 boards.
When you downgrade to the Free plan or purchase a Personal Plan
As soon as you downgrade your Team account and change the subscription type to the Free plan or move one of your boards to your Personal account, the boards might get locked because the account limits were exceeded.
On the Personal plan, this means that:
- there are currently more than 3 collaborators on the board that you moved from another account.
On the Free plan, this is a sign that:
- there are currently more than 3 collaborators on one of the downgraded team boards;
- there are more than 3 boards in the Free account.
When your boards are locked, your content is only be available for viewing. To unlock the boards and pick up where you left off, you will be prompted:
The board limits are exceeded — too many collaborators on the board
- to upgrade your account (please note that, if you don't see the extra boards, it means that their owner has kept them private).