Cloud-hosted Jira only
Visualize anything together with your team — work on the product backlog with digital sticky notes, create flowcharts, diagrams and wireframes. Attach boards to Jira issues and collaborate with your team in real-time like on a whiteboard meeting.
3.4. Editing boards
3.5. Detaching boards
How to install
The installation process is standard for all Jira add-ons.
First, log into your Jira with administrative rights, then download the add-on here (the app can also be found in Add-ons > New add-ons > Search the Marketplace): click Install > Accept and Install.
And that's all! The installation is complete.
JIRA notification about the successful installation
How to сonfigure
Please note that Jira menus may differ depending on the Jira version you are using.
1. Close the Ready to Go! notification message, then click Manage.
The add-on page when the plugin is successfully installed
And proceed to Configure the add-on:
The option to manage the add-on
2. Here you will need to be authorized in RealtimeBoard to proceed. You will be shown the credentials under which you are currently signed in (or will be asked to sign in) and which you will be using to configure the connection. Please check that everything is correct.
Verify your credentials before proceeding
The step will also allow you to register with RealtimeBoard right from the Jira menu and create your free team. Have no worries about setting the exact parameters, all the provided information can be changed afterward in your RealtimeBoard profile and account settings.
3. Then you will need to choose the RealtimeBoard team account where your boards are located (if you have several teams you will be able to repeat the procedure and choose a different RealtimeBoard account, to have several of the locations connected). The Jira menu will show you the list of the RealtimeBoard teams where you are a member:
Choose one of your existing teams to proceed
4. Choose which users of your Jira you wish to allow to actively use the add-on and attach boards to Jira issues.
The list of your Jira users
Please note that your chosen users will need to be members of your RealtimeBoard team to have the access to the boards within our system. Therefore, they will take a paid seat on your team.
The configuration is now complete. You can check the list of the respective RealtimeBoard teams Settings and see that Jira Could addon is enabled:
The active addon in the list of your team account's integrations
How to use the add-on
Attaching boards to Jira issues
You have two ways to attach boards.
From the board menu:
- Click the Export menu and choose Attach to Jira
- Enter the issue key and or start typing and click the drop-down suggestion.
- Click Attach and you will see the issue on the list.
You can attach the board to several JIRA issues at once
From the Jira issue:
- Click Attach Board
- Choose the team account to see its boards and click the one you wish to add
Your board is now attached to the chosen Jira issues:
The Jira issue that has an attached board
Creating new boards from Jira
To create a new board right from the Jira issue:
- Click Create board
- Choose the team account where you want to store the new board
- Enter the board's name
- Your board is ready for work! Add the content by using a template, uploading files or creating something from scratch and go back to Jira in an instant. The board is already attached.
Creating a new board from Jira menu. The board's cover can be added in the info-card
Viewing and placing comments
Available for: team members with editing or commenting rights on the board
To view and add comments to the board, hover over the attached board and click on Preview icon:
The board window will open as an overlay allowing you to pan around or add a Comment:
You will also be able to zoom in and out and search information on the board.
While writing a comment you have a possibility to @mention collaborators drawing their attention to the board and the Jira issue.
To edit the board, click on Edit board icon:
The option to edit
The board will open in a new browser tab in its full view and with the full toolbar. All the changes are visible and saved in real time. When you are finished, click the Back to Jira button. The changes apply to the attachment automatically.
To detach the board, simply click on the Detach board button, and the attachment will be instantly removed from the issue (the board will stay intact inside RealtimeBoard unless you delete it).
The option to remove the attachment
How to disable the add-on
To disable integration, open Atlassian Marketplace page of the add-on, and click Manage and then Uninstall:
The option to Uninstall in the Jira add-ons section
Possible issues and how to resolve them
After clicking the Install button on the add-on page you might see the following error:
Error code 500
This message could be caused by a momentary loss of connection. In this case, simply retry to install a minute later.