Why is My Account Paused?
Set up by: account owner (Personal plan) or administrators (Team, Company, Education and Free plans)
There may be different reasons why your account is paused. Whatever the reason may be — have no worries, no information is removed or deleted, and the account is still available in the view-only mode (the boards can be viewed but not edited). You can also move your boards to another account (if you have more than one) to keep working on them.
The account may be paused for the following reasons:
- You are using our Free plan and exceeded its limitations.
- You are a newly registered user and your free 30-day trial is over.
- You are using our Education plan and your account expired.
- Your paid time is over and you have not yet renewed your subscription.
Exceeded Limitations of a Free Account
If you exceeded your Free account's limitations (for example, when having downgraded from the Team plan to the Free one) you will see a notification when opening a board listing the limits that you have exceeded:
To unpause the account, please remove extra users, boards, and extra collaborators on the remaining boards. Please note that:
- A board can only be removed by its owner.
- If the creator or current owner of the board did not share it with you, you will not see this board on your dashboard.
- Even if you have 3 users in your team there might be collaborators on some of the boards left — for instance, if a board was previously shared with a commenter.
Free Trial is Over
If your 30-day free Team Plan upgrade is finished you will see the following message:
Trial team account is paused
Note that if you registered before July 14, 2016, the option to use the Free plan will not be available. If you wish to downgrade, please, contact our support team.
Using the Education License
When your account expires you will see this notification:
The Educational account has expired.
Your workflow may not need to be interrupted though: our system notifies you 3 days prior the expiration so you could have enough time to re-apply or get in contact with us to prolong the license.
Please note that this measure helps us check the relevance of the account and educators' data.
Your Paid Subscription Expired
If you had an active subscription to one of the paid plans and your paid time is over, please choose another plan or re-subscribe to unpause the account.