How to Report Bugs
Unfortunately, bugs happen. As much as we try, it's impossible to make your software 100% bug-proof. So in case you have one to report, this article has a few tips in it for you to learn how to do it in the most effective way.
Before Reporting a Bug
1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser and reload the page.
2. Test RealtimeBoard in the Incognito (private) mode.
3. Test RealtimeBoard in a different browser or on a different device.
You can submit your bug report via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Guide > Support right from your board.
Support message center on the board
Submitting a Bug
There are a few things you can do that will help us identify and fix the bug quicker:
1. Add the word "bug" to the subject
It's a little thing, but it helps us spot these tickets in the queue and reply to them faster.
2. Include a detailed description of the bug
Tell us what the bug is about and describe the steps you took prior to it, for we will try to reproduce it. Here is a good example of a bug report:
1. Open any board, click Share.
2. Add the email addresses of collaborators.
3. Click Send.
4. Expectations: collaborators receive an invitation to edit the board.
5. Reality: none of the collaborators received an invitation.
3. Include the board URL
Tell us the addresses of the boards where the bug appears and the email addresses of your collaborators if the bug affects them, too. This information saves a lot of time and effort when investigating the bug.
4. Specify the device, OS, and browser version
Let us know the device, OS, and browser version you were using when the bug occurred.
5. Send screenshots, GIFs. or a short video
6. Provide your browser console logs
1. Open the browser console (F12 for Chrome, IE, Edge; Ctrl+Shift+I for FireFox, Opera; Alt + Cmd + I for Safari > Console tab).
2. Reload the page.
3. Try to reproduce the bug.
4. Send us a screenshot with the console logs.