Setting Up WebHook for Jira Cards
Set up by: Account admin; Jira administrator
To update Jira Cards on the board, RealtimeBoard must receive messages from Jira with the data changes events. These Jira events are transmitted in RealtimeBoard via a WebHook. There are two ways to create a WebHook in RealtimeBoard.
Option 1: Create a WebHook automatically
When setting up your Jira cards plugin leave the option Create a WebHook automatically activated. Please note, for the automatic WebHook creation you should be logged into Jira as an administrator.
Jira plugin settings, Step 2: option Create a webhook automatically is enabled
Option 2: Create a WebHook manually
Unsign the option Create a webhook automatically and copy the WebHook URL:
Jira plugin settings, Step 2: option "Create a webhook automatically" option is disabled
If you are not a Jira administrator, please send the WebHook URL to your Jira administrator to create a WebHook on the Jira side.
1. Log in to Jira as a Jira Administrator.
2. Choose Administration > System:
Jira Administration menu
3. Select Advanced > WebHooks:
Jira Advanced section
4. Click Create a WebHook:
Create a WebHook option
5. Enter the WebHook Name, set the WebHook status as Enabled, paste the WebHook URL copied from RealtimeBoard, choose the events updated and deleted in the Issue section and click Create:
Jira WebHook settings
6. Return to Step 2, fill out your Jira URL and hit Connect.
Now the WebHook is created, Jira Cards are enabled and able to be updated automatically. All the changes made in Jira are reflected in Jira Cards on the board.