Set up by: board editors. All registered users invited to the board can participate in the voting session.
Need to quickly decide which of the discussed options or ideas your team prefer? Set up a voting session right on the board, and our Voting tool will help you with that. Enable the tool to one of your teams and it'll be available in the bottom left corner, in the collaboration and presentation menu:
Voting icon on the collaboration toolbar
Setting up a session
To set up and customize a voting session:
- Click the Voting icon on the bottom toolbar > Name the voting session or use the default one.
- Set the right Duration: you can choose between 1 minute and 99 hours.
- Set the number of votes every collaborator can use within one voting session (10 votes max).
- Define whether the votes can be given to Stickies, Text boxes or Shapes on the board (or all of them).
- Re-size the Voting area or leave it for users to vote on the whole board.
- Click Start voting now and place your vote! Your collaborators will see the Voting tool highlighted by the blue dot on their toolbar and will be able to give votes following the instruction.
The menu voters see during a voting session
All collaborators will see the name of the editor who started the session:
Invitation to vote
In this example, the voting was set for stickies only and allowed each user to vote 10 times:
You can also add your votes by clicking the plus on the options other voters chose (on the left)
Vote for images:
Add your vote by clicking on the right corner of the image
By default, board collaborators can cast their votes on any object that was placed anywhere on the board. However, you can easily change the Voting area and narrow it down to a specific part of the board that voters won't be able to trespass during the session.
To reset the default Voting area, click Change in the Voting area section of the menu. Now you can drag and re-size the selection box as you want (you will always be able to change it):
Re-sizing the Voting area for the current voting session
Finishing the session
The Voting session is finished when the set time is up or when the editor manually finishes it. All collaborators will see the name of the editor who ended the session:
The voting session has been finished by an editor
All your sessions are saved in the Voting menu marking the date and time when they took place, the author and the name of the voting session:
There were 2 voting sessions on this board